The Women’s Group is committed to being the Gulf Coast's premier providers of women's healthcare. These are our office policies developed to best serve our clients in a timely and efficient manner. Please read over this information so you can be best prepared for your appointment.
- If you have provided us with an email address, please update your personal information and medical history prior to your appointment via our mobile check-in application. The link to the mobile check-in is available three days prior to your appointment. You will receive an email/text with a link and instructions from us.
- Because we have limited seating, please limit the number of people that come with you to your appointment to three.
- If you did not provide us with an email address, you will need to complete the updates to your personal and medical information upon your arrival to our practice. We utilize a tablet system called Phreesia to capture this information. For new patients, please arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment to allow time to complete this information. For returning patients, please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment.
- If you must bring small children with you to your appointment, for safety reasons, we require that children age 3 and under be either confined in a stroller or held by another adult during your visit with the doctor. We do not have staff available to watch children.
- If you cannot keep a scheduled appointment, please give us at least 24-hours notice. There is a $25 appointment cancellation fee that may be charged if you fail to notify us in advance.
- Our office closes early the first Tuesday of the following months for staff training: February, April, June, August, October, and December. Should you need to come by the office to pick-up anything, please do so by 3:45 p.m..
- There is always someone available, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, through our answering service, by calling our main number - (850) 476-3696.
Before each appointment, we will ask you to provide us with and update your information. Please bring a photo ID card with you to your visit. We will scan this information in to our system for your protection and so we can verify your information before each appointment. Keeping our information up to date allows us to better serve our patients and to properly file insurance paperwork.
The Women's Group accepts payments by cash, check and major credit cards. Payment is expected at the time of service. Monies due can include your co-pay, co-insurance, deductibles and percentages of charges, or the full charge amount if you have no insurance or if it is a non-covered service. Some lab and routine services are not covered by insurance.
Additional charges for specimens (i.e., pap smears, cultures, etc.) sent to external pathologists and laboratories (e.g. Vivid Pathology, LabCorp, Sacred Heart, Quest Diagnostics, ProHealth, Natera, Medical Diagnostic Labs, etc.) are billed separately by these companies. It is important that insurance information is current and correct for this billing to occur smoothly. The laboratories and pathologists will bill you directly for your co-pay, co-insurance or deductible or if your insurance does not cover this service or if you pay out-of-pocket.
For our obstetrical patients, there are special arrangements for you that we will go over with you after your initial appointment.
Please bring your insurance card with you to each visit so we can keep up to date with your insurance company. Our new patient information packet goes into more detail about this. While we do contract with many of the larger insurance companies, you should check with your insurance company prior to services being provided to determine if we are considered participating with your insurance company under your specific policy.
If you are a member of a managed care plan and a referral is required from your primary care provider for services you are to receive, an authorization number must be received prior to services being performed. Should the authorization not be in place at the time of service, your appointment will be rescheduled. Please contact your primary care provider personally to ensure the authorization is issued, either to you to bring with you to your appointment, or to our office directly.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please call us at (850) 476-3696 or toll-free (877) 507-2200.
Please be sure to provide us with the name of your regular pharmacy at each visit as we communicate with them electronically to fill your prescriptions. Prescriptions for the treatment of pain must be also be submitted electronically and cannot be phoned in to your pharmacy.
Please contact your pharmacy directly to request prescription refills as this ensures we have the most accurate information regarding the medication. No routine prescriptions will be handled after regular hours or on the weekends. Just as we cannot treat illnesses over the telephone, we cannot prescribe medications over the phone. Long-term medications will be handled during regular office hours and only if you are actively under our care. Mail order prescriptions cannot be phoned in to the mail order pharmacy, but we can assist you with the completion and/or submission of the form, if required by your pharmacy.